Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ethiopia Update 2

Hey guys, Going to bed in about two point two seconds, but I had to tell you (IF the internet works which is very unlikely) how things are going. I have been blessed beyond measure and my world has been rocked like I never even thought possible. I have seen poor like I didn't even know poor existed. A boy today in the village dropped his butt in the field because they have NO running water. I have seen goat after goat slaughtered because we have bought food for them to have a "fancy" meal and they don't even bother to walk around the left over blood. I can't tell you how many people I have watched go from complete hopelessness (when we first get there) to complete and utterjoy by the time we left. You have no idea what a little hope does for a heart like that. Jesus is the greatest thing on earth. He loves these people enough to send us 5,000 miles to feed them and show them love. The place we went today has had NO help, none. They don't even know where to start. I am going to decompress a bit and write you guys tons once we get home. I think most things now are too fresh to even discuss and the internet is so iffy that pictures are impossible.

The link to the right for Ordinary Hero's will have some pics from the trip. You can for sure check those and read some more about the trip. I love you guys. WE CANNOT IGNORE THIS! It is too late for all of that. I never knew poor. I have NO problems, no worries, no money problems, no needs, and NO ROOM FOR COMPLAINING. Never ever let me complain again. We are roughing it truly during the day, but we get to come back each night to our guest house and sleep in the most comfortable bed on earth. Speaking of that bed. We are going 2 hours out of the city tomorrow so I have GOT to get some sleep. I was falling asleep in our church service today which felt extremely rude since there is no telling how far those people had walked to come. I will leave you with this. I have never, ever felt so alive in ALL my life! Today I started out tired and cranky and so wanting to make some excuse and stay in my bed and scream (I am sick and tired of MUD) but we went, went to the church service that we couldn't understand and then started serving some people that werehopeless and it showed. But within a few hours, their faces were so bright. I had no lunch, stood up ALL day long, couldn't even take a sip of water (because I would get mobbed) and I was the happiest I have ever been. A pregnant woman looked like she hated the world during that church service and then by the end of the day she was hugging me, kissing me, telling me she loved me and thank you, thank you. I couldn't communicate with her through words, but the practical food and gifts that we gave them spoke more than all of life. We have to help these people, the tiniest bit of our money will change their lives!
Love you tons! HUGS for my men!!!!!!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment